– 10 cups of water
– 2 cups of Amalia maize starch (included in bundle)
– 4 heaped tbs sugar
– Amalia Rose cordial (included in bundle)
– Amalia Rose water (included in bundle)
– water to taste when serving
1. In a very large pot add 8 cups water, slowly bring to the boil, adding the maize starch. Whisk thoroughly until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
2. When the mixture begins to bubble, add the remaining cups of water and stir in.
3. Once the water has been stirred in, remove the mixture from heat and pour into small bowls. Make sure to add just a touch of water to the bottom of each small bowl as this makes it easier to remove the mahalepi when serving it.
4. Let the mahalepi cool and set. Then place the bowls in the fridge until cold and ready to be served. Serve by adding ice cold water to cover the mahalepi and adding rose cordial, rose water and sugar to taste. It should be sweet and ice cold when served.
A perfect treat for a hot summer day!
DISCLAIMER: We take every effort to make sure the product information displayed on our website is correct, however, product recipes are regularly changed. This may affect nutrition and allergen information. You should always check product labels and not rely solely on the information presented here.
If you require specific advice on any product, please contact us.